Avoid password sharing
To login to the Windows PCs in your company username and password is used. May be you also implemented a password changing policy, so that the users have to change their passwords every 90 days. And they should change it to a “secure” password. Consequently, the users are annoyed.
Often, simple passwords are chosen or passwords are written down. Or passwords are “shared” between colleagues, so that – in case of vacation or any other inconvenience – an employee can work with the account of a colleague. As a consequence
- you can not be sure, that this user account really corresponds to this employee,
- you can not easily detect, if an account was hacked and a password attack was performed successfully.
Rather the interests of the company are
- that employees are satisfied and do not have to waste time for unneccessary IT-tasks,
- that passwords can be memorized easily and do not have to be written down,
- that the account name really maps to the real employee
- and that attacks on accounts can be avoided.
NetKnights helps you to find the authentication solution
- that fits your needs the best,
- which simplifies the login process for the users,
- that puts you as the company back in control and
- that improves the IT security sustainably.
Smartcards like eToken can be used. But also OTP tokens with the privacyIDEA Credential Provider will help to improve your security. Moreover, eToken and Smartdisplayer OTP cards can be equipped with RFID. This way your employees can use the same device for authentication, door access, the cafeteria and work time recording.
Another side effect is, that the employee will always carry the authentication device with her and not leave it next to the computer.